top of page

Click to Change to Light Mode

Back to Top Wizard-05.png
Back to Top Wizard-06.png

Kebab It! Process

concept Kebab It! is a five player cooperative game where 4 chosen chefs create a 4-food skewer for a customer who just won't say what they want to eat. This is my design process for the logo, box, board, and 2 of the game pieces.

logo The logo went through many variations because I wanted something visual, fun, and colorful that would appeal to the younger target audience. At first I tried quick and basic designs, focusing on narrowing down how I wanted Kebab It! to feel to the potential user. Eventually I added more colors and elements of the game, such as fire and people. Ultimately, I decided a typographic logo would be better because the type could be used to represent how the game is played. Skewering is one of the main mechanics within the game, something players enjoyed doing during play tests. Making the lines in the letters look like they were intersecting each other was playful and matched Kebab It! perfectly.

box I realized while making the box that the darker colors I originally wanted to use would not work as they are too mature. It was important for me to truly make this box feel like it contains a game. Over a few iterations, I established the box as a game that also matched the cute and cartoony aesthetic I wanted it to convey.

board During play tests, participants enjoyed spinning the pieces on their kebabs. I wanted players to be able to play with the pieces while they are on the board, and have the board feel stable and be visible from all angles. The separated board for the player and the chef was very helpful in achieving this freedom.

chicken piece & shark piece The first iteration of each of these pieces outline the basics of each animal. As I iterated, I looked at more real life examples of these animals to add more realism to the pieces while still having them feel like cartoons. The colors and elevation of the pieces differentiated them by touch and by sight.

Kebab It Logo Process-04.png
Kebab It Logo Process-02.png
Kebab It Logo Process-05.png
Kebab It Logo Process-07.png
Kebab It Logo Process-03.png
Kebab It Logo Process-01.png
Kebab It Logo Process-06.png
Kebab It Logo Process-08.png

First logo attempts don't feel fun or game-like

Kebab It Board 1.0.png
Kebab It Pieces-32.png
Kebab It Pieces-36.png

Eve Process

concept This is a project for my graphic design 1 class. We did about 8 iterations each for each of the 4 posters. This is my process for two of those posters as well as my explanations as to why I made the changes that I did. You can use the slideshows to look at the posters through five of the most prominent iterations.

main object (statue) I chose the statue at first because I thought that the length, shape, and human characteristics would be interesting to experiment with. I made 

organic line work I made the line work with a pen that was running out of ink within my sketchbook. I created them with the shape of the statue in mind.

letterform The letterforms I chose were ones I felt complimented the statue. The X I would use to cross through the body or I would use the O to mimic the statue's curves.

supporting object (apple & hand) I originally chose to use the apple photo because it was round and short, unlike the long statue. I thought the contrast was interesting but ultimately decided it was a hinderance. The hand was much more useful because similarly lengthy to the statue. 


texture While I found the stone and iron fence textures most useful, I also experimented with a cloth and wood texture. I thought they seemed softer and wavier and would work well with the hardness of the stone, but the iron fence and stone worked better.

words I chose words like "Eve" "Garden" and "Apple" which match the narrative of the story in the Bible.

double exposure At first, I tried double exposing the textures within the statue or the apple, but I felt like those textures overtook the textures I was a fan of. I ended up taking photos of entirely new objects to double expose. 

Prinny Process

concept Inspired by geometric design and the memphis style, I created Prinny, a character from the video game Disgaea. Here are five process pictures which I made of him. 

prinny 1.0 I began by trying to capture Prinny's cartoon shape and then abstracting it. I took the areas that would normally have shadows like the back leg, the back flipper, and behind and on the scarf and made them into stripes instead of solids.

prinny 2.0 I felt like the last iteration was not animated enough. I brightened the colors, tilted the back leg, and added dots on the stomach and beyond. I felt like this gave the penguin a better look.

prinny 3.0 Due to how the white of the stomach blended in with the background, I darkened the background a bit. I also tilted some of the lines which contained the body to make it seem more random.

prinny 4.0 Throughout this process I have had an issue with how his eyes looked. They are too stare-like. By making him have angry eyes, it matched his personality more and made it more cartoon-like.

prinny 5.0 I increased the size of the beak, the dots, and the eye to further the illustration's animated nature, as well as its cuteness. 

bottom of page